When dealing with incontinence it is essential that urine not be allowed to pool. Experience comfort and dignity with our specialized incontinence furniture, designed for discreet support. Elevate your lifestyle with quality solutions tailored to your needs.
- Even special fluid-resistant fabrics can be penetrated if urine is allowed to sit for an extended period of time. Furniture built for residents and clients with incontinence can be enhanced with:
- a slight slope at the back of the seat to encourage urine to flow through to the floor.
- Additionally, upholstered furniture for incontinence should be constructed without welting – the decorative pipe edge common on traditional upholstered goods.
- Lastly, vinyl wrapping over the foam core of the cushion ensures that urine or other fluids will not penetrate through to the foam which is will never come clean from urine.
- In a heavy incontinence environment the furniture frame can additionally be improved to withstand urine.
Urine on exposed wood can not only cause long-term foul odors, but can also damage the wood and compromise the integrity of the piece.
Add to that a vinyl wrapping secured with water-proof staples and you have the perfect combination to keep furniture frames untouched by fluids.
Incontinence issues can be a major problem for both health care and group living facilities. Furniture Concepts provides contact group living furniture that can benefit people with incontinence and mobility issues. Create a custom Furniture Concepts Wish List today to get a quote on seating for your facility.
Topics: Furniture For Incontinence