Few retailers offer self-decking but almost all contract furniture providers do.
Why should you care about self-decking?
- Buyers for health care and social service facilities understand the importance of buying furniture from contract providers who understand the heavy-use healthcare furniture endures. Contract furniture is built to higher standards that promise longer-term durability and proven improvements in the buying cycle. Strategies like using self deck upholstery are just one of many specialized solutions available only through expert contract furniture providers.
- Engineers and designers have interviewed hundreds of care providers and administrators to help create furnishing solutions for incontinence care.
- The results of this intensive research include improved design in furniture including removable seats designed to pull urine to the ground and away from people and furnishings, specialized fabrics that easily sanitize, fluid-proof upholstery, fully water-resistant frames that prevent fluid saturation and warping, and more sophisticated styling that scales down cushy fill and deep seats.
- Enhancements like pop out seats allows urine or fluids to flow through to the floor.
- Choose from 100’s of standard, healthcare grade, fluid-resistant, stain resistant fabrics, and vinyls to create the perfect look for any décor.
- Anti-microbial, anti-fungal, and stain repellent fabric treatments also available.
When faced with fluid and or incontinence issues make sure you talk to a qualified furniture dealer who will help guide you to the right solution.
Understanding the importance of self-decking in the context of healthcare and social service facilities is crucial for making informed decisions when it comes to purchasing furniture. While self-decking might not be a term familiar to everyone, its significance cannot be overstated, especially when dealing with the unique challenges and demands of these environments.
Contract furniture providers, unlike general retailers, specialize in catering to the needs of healthcare and social service facilities. Here’s why you should care about self-decking and why consulting with such experts is essential:
- Durability and Quality Standards: Contract furniture is constructed to meet higher standards of durability. In healthcare settings, where furniture undergoes heavy use and stringent cleaning procedures, longevity is paramount. Self-decking is just one example of the specialized features that contribute to the overall robustness of these furnishings.
- Innovation for Healthcare Needs: Contract furniture providers invest in research and development to understand the specific challenges faced by healthcare facilities. This includes addressing incontinence care, where furniture needs to go beyond aesthetics and comfort to ensure hygiene, safety, and practicality.
- Improved Design: Through extensive research and consultations with care providers and administrators, contract furniture providers have refined the design of their products. Features like removable seats, fluid-proof upholstery, and water-resistant frames are a testament to their commitment to offering solutions tailored to the unique demands of healthcare environments.
- Fluid Management: In healthcare, managing fluids, especially in cases of incontinence, is a primary concern. Furniture with self-decking and pop-out seats allows for efficient fluid management, directing fluids away from individuals and furnishings, promoting cleanliness, and reducing the risk of contamination.
- Customization and Safety: Contract furniture providers offer a wide range of healthcare-grade fabrics and treatments. These include stain-resistant, anti-microbial, and anti-fungal options, ensuring not only functionality but also a visually pleasing and safe environment.
In summary, self-decking is just one aspect of the comprehensive solutions provided by contract furniture providers for healthcare and social service facilities. When facing the unique challenges of fluid management and incontinence care, it’s essential to consult with qualified furniture dealers who understand these specialized needs. They can guide you to the right solutions that prioritize durability, safety, and hygiene while offering a variety of design options to suit your facility’s decor.